Q for quant




Well! When I finished high school, the first thought that came to my mind was about thanking God. I thought I would never need to solve those questions related to numerical problems. Thinking about those, I was going back home when I saw a signboard which said," Thanks for coming, you are always welcomed again!". I said, "LOL! Really." My brother's word about college life was flying like houseflies over my head. I went directly to my room and fell asleep.

The first day of my college and first class was NACP. Numerical analysis computer programming comprising maths and programming was a helpful subject. I had heard that we would have to study a few math concepts. The semesters went on, and every semester, I was gifted with a few math theories to explore. Ok! That's not so bad, but then came the PDP classes. The word shows two swollen eyes with nose pinched up because that's the expression you give there. I picked up my sword, I mean, my pen and started solving the questions. During "THE PDP" classes, the teacher's voice sounded like rhythms of lilt because it used to be two hours long lectures.
Sometimes incredibly startling also because it was the only place where I could buy 97 jeans, can have 100 eggs and don't have the tension that they will decay, was disciplined as I was able to know the day six months from today (I think they told us for pre-scheduling). But the most feared thing that I used to imagine was what if my car broke down on the way and I had to walk all the way, but as in the question, there is always a car service station nearby, so I shouldn't have to worry much. The situation will become more complicated if the car stops after 6 hours, 37 minutes and 11 seconds. Oh! Now I have to add the repair time that's like 33 47/102 minutes.
I was driving my car, but suddenly something hit me, and it hit me hard. I screamed and woke up. A new fresh print of scale on my hand and teacher staring me hard. Umm, it's not my mistake that you were not letting the car reach the destination, I thought. He murmured something and asked me to sit in the front row. Thus, after that, we travelled the whole world getting solutions for repairing clothes, telling people how much rope they will need to get down from a 15 story building and organizing various parties with much strength. The last party was quite good as there was a big chocolate cake lying on the bench, but it was being distributed among 107 children. I was about to eat that cake when suddenly I heard my name. It was mum's voice asking me to get up!

I woke up and said could you make a chocolate cake for me. My mother cuddled me and then went downstairs to the kitchen. Rubbing my eyes, I went to my brother's room, who was smiling at me—looking at me like he could stare me down to my very soul. Calmly I asked, "How was your college life?". He stated his tales where he told me about his best friends, about theatre, adventures, teachers, seniors, ragging and much more. After dinner, I went to my room. Lying on the bed looking out the window towards the dark blue sky, I thought our life becomes what we believe because the thoughts we sow will reap, and no one knows what's next. Maybe I'll get eaten up by a monster tonight, or while solving problems in the future, my awesome friends and family will be there with me, always giving food to my mind. Phew! Little serious here. I closed my eyes and went to the dream world again.

Here I am now, in my third year, solving questions on quant. I was struggling with the answers thinking maybe getting eaten up by a monster would have been better. But my friends are sitting aside from me and when we shout together with solutions, solve problems together, and party almost every day, I think I have eaten that monster now.


Comments

  1. Hilarious. It had me laughing out loud from start to finish! Your sense of humor is truly impressive. Keep up the fantastic work and keep those funny posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isha Chaudhary5 July 2023 at 14:38

      I am glad it made you laugh :) Thank you for the feedback :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts