Big Sister

 Big Sister:

I was so happy to spend time at last
Me and my big sister
The birds chirping and the dog getting sleepy as it was the time for summer holidays
I got panicked as you got out of the car
Hurriedly, I  strung out and followed with my hands in your hands,
Smiling with my eyes trying to look at your face though you were quite tall.
You went into Momma's room and promised to be back in an hour
With the purest love, I smiled and went around across the pound
With my head every five minutes craning towards your direction.
Later on, the day went away in nothing flat
At night, I showed you my drawing of happy places to make you feel better after papa scolded you
You looked at it with sad eyes with wonder and question in your eyes about your future
You were a superhero for me
What fault they could find in you possibly!
For me, you were as precious for me as my drawings and dolls
You took it all so silently
Every foray that came along in life
And that too with a big smile
I know the smile was for me to show everything is going to be okay
Since we were like Batman and Robin
and nothing could tear us apart
You were always more mature than you should be as you took all the thrashes which were meant for me
Slowly, those beastly people took a toll on you
You got angry, seldom listened and always questioned
This time my superhero was not ready!
These monstrous and hideous people were attacking you silently
With a newborn in one hand and family in the other
It was difficult to fight with a fool`s paradise
You always tried to be who you were
But the gimmick was otherwise
Though we are six years apart but do not let the distance come between us
With you and me thousand miles away
I just want to say breathe easier
We tripped with the fate and situations thrown at us
But one day, the day will come when we will sleep in peace
On that mountain peak with your bed sheet as a tent
looking at the stars we will chalk talk about new dazzling memories again.
Do you know that I am able to look at your face now as I have grown taller
So  this time the alluring moment is going to last
Now we can walk together because you see
It is time for those summer holidays again and as they say in fear these beautiful moments were meant to be!


-Isha



PS: This poem is a mixture of experiences told by my friends and doesn't  relate to any one person.

Comments

Popular Posts